Transferring photos from one iPhone to another can be done in a few different ways, depending on your preference and the number of photos you want to transfer. Here are some methods:
1. iCloud Photo Sharing:
- Enable iCloud Photos: On your old iPhone, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Photos and turn on iCloud Photos. Wait for the photos to upload to iCloud.
- Access on New iPhone: On your new iPhone, sign in with the same Apple ID, and turn on iCloud Photos following the same steps. Your photos will sync to your new device.
2. iCloud Backup:
- Backup Old iPhone: Back up your old iPhone to iCloud. This includes photos.
- Restore on New iPhone: When setting up your new iPhone, choose to restore from iCloud backup. This will transfer all data, including photos, to the new device.
- Turn on AirDrop: On both iPhones, enable AirDrop by going to Control Center or Settings > General > AirDrop, and select “Contacts Only” or “Everyone.”
- Select Photos: Go to the Photos app on the old iPhone, select the photos you want to transfer, tap the Share icon, and then tap the device’s name when it appears in the AirDrop section.
- Accept on New iPhone: On the new iPhone, an alert will appear asking if you want to accept the photos. Tap “Accept” to receive them.
4. iTunes or Finder (for Mac with macOS Catalina and earlier):
- Connect Old iPhone: Connect your old iPhone to your computer and open iTunes (or Finder on macOS Catalina and earlier).
- Back-Up Old iPhone: Select your iPhone and create a backup. This saves your photos and other data to your computer.
- Connect New iPhone: Disconnect the old iPhone and connect the new one.
- Restore Backup: In iTunes or Finder, select your new iPhone and choose “Restore Backup.” Select the backup containing your photos.
5. Third-Party Apps:
- Apps like Google Photos or Dropbox: Install these apps on both iPhones, upload photos from the old iPhone, and then sign in on the new iPhone to download them.
Choose the method that suits you best based on the number of photos you want to transfer, your preferred workflow, and the tools you have available.